Sunday, November 20, 2011
...that Daniel and John who wrote the apocalyptic books of Daniel and Revelation respectively were referred to as "beloved" of God? (See Daniel 10:11 and John 19:26)
...that Adam was not created in the Garden of Eden but was led him to it by God? (See Genesis 2:15)
...that Adam was led alive to the garden (of Eden) but Jesus was laid dead in a garden tomb? (John 19:41,42)
...that Adam first exercised his speech not to talk to Eve but to name the animals that God had created? (See Genesis 2:20)
...that Eve may have probably thought that her first-born Cain was the "seed" that God had promised He would send to crush the head of the serpent. (Genesis 4:1)?
...that The foundations of biblical marriage were first stated by the first Adam and confirmed by Jesus Christ (the last Adam). (See Genesis 2:24, Matt 19:5, Mark 10:7)
...that God initially intended for man and other creatures to be plant and fruit eaters. (See Genesis 1:29,30)?
...that the first vocation assigned to Adam by God was for him to be a gardener. (Genesis 2:15)?
...that Adam added to God's command of not eating the fruit to include refraining from even touching it. (Genesis 3:3)?
...that the serpent and the donkey are the only animals in the Bible that speak to humans. (Gen 3:1 and Num 22:28)?
...that during the fall, God did not allow the serpent to depose before Him unlike the opportunity to present the case given to Adam and Eve (Gen 3:11-14)?
...that Adam did not not name his wife, Eve until after the fall. (Gen 3:20)?
...that the first instance of sacrifice mentioned in the Bible is when God provided coats of skin for Adam and Eve. (Gen 3:21)?
...that the main reason for God driving out Adam and Even from the garden was so that he (Adam) would not take from the tree of life and live forever (in his sin) (Gen 3:21)?
...that the reason for God accepting Abel's offering is revealed in the book of Hebrews - in the faith hall of fame chapter in the Bible. (Heb 11:4)?
...that apparently Cain was so fond of his son that he built a city and named it after his son Enoch (Gen 4:17)?
...that polygamy in the Bible is first mentioned when Lamech (Cain's great-great-great grandson) took 2 wives for himself - Adah and Zillhah (Gen 4:19)?
...that the second murder mentioned in the Bible is that of an unknown young man by Lamech. (Gen 4:23)?
...that it could be possible that Lamech used a weapon made by his son Tubalcain to kill the unknown young man. (Gen 4:22, 23)?
...that men began to call on God's name (prayers and worship) when Seth's son Enosh was born (Gen 4:26)?
...that Enoch had a change in heart only around the time his son Methuselah was born. He started walking with God at the age of 65. (Gen 5:21)?
...although the name of Noah's father was Lamech, this is not the same polygamist, murderer mentioned in Gen 4:23 (Gen 5:28)?
...that the most wicked incident after which God decided to destroy the earth with the flood was the consummation between angels and women. (Gen 6:2, 6:5)?
...that Noah is the first person mentioned in the Bible who finds "grace" in the eyes of the Lord (Gen 6:8)?
...that the meaning of Methuselah's name was "when he dies it will come" referring to the flood. What is more significant is that Methuselah is the longest living person recorded in the Bible and indicates God's forbearance in delaying the flood.
...that Noah took 7 pairs of clean animals and 1 pair of unclean animals in the ark. (Gen 7:2)?
...that the gospel according to Matthew is the only gospel in which OT quotes are taken from original Hebrew and not the Septuagint?
...that the Tabernacle of David represents the New Testament and the Tabernacle of Moses represents the Old Testament?
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Faith is the subtance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseeen - Heb 11:1
Faith: Pray for the salvation of the person you are interceding for. Pray that the person may come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
Answers to prayer: Pray that the person's prayers be answered.
Idols: Pray that the person's idols be demolished. A nice way to identify idols is by identifying what IDOLove.
Trials: Pray for the person's deliverance from trials that the person is currently going through.
Health: Pray for the physical health of the person.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
A Sunday school teacher does a good work as he/she carries out the Great Commission that contains these particular words of the Lord – “Go ye therefore and teach all nations”. Matt 28:16
In John 5:39, Jesus says that we must search the Scriptures for they testify of Himself and in them we have life. Sunday school teachers should therefore search Scriptures
In Josh 1:8, God instructed Joshua that the book of the law should not depart from his mouth, that he should meditate on it day and night and do what was written in it so his way would be prosperous and he would have good success.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
How you (and I) can live a believer's life VICTORIOUSLY?
Lessons learnt from the book of Phillipians
The believer's confidence comes from assurance in God - He begins, He completes. Victory is assured. Period.
Read Phil 1:6
6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
With the Holy Spirit interceding for you, you cannot go wrong.
Read Phil 1:9-11
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
When the motto of your life changes from "I live for myself and dying is loss" to "I live for Christ and dying is gain", you are closer to victory than ever before.
Read Phil 1:21
21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain
Facing unending trials and persecutions on the way of your Christian walk? You are on the right path - the victory path!
Read Phil 1:27-29
27 Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, 28 and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation,[a] and that from God. 29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,
When you are united with other believers and look out for each other, God is glorified and victory is assured.
Read Phil 2:1-4
1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Keep Jesus as your role model for every aspect of your life and you cannot go wrong!
Read Phil 2:5-11
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Shining the reflected glory of Jesus Christ in your life will give you an unparalleled edge.
Read Phil 2:14-15
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
Order (as in Priority)
Value knowledge of Jesus above every other thing.
Read Phil 3:7-11
7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Persevere tireless, relentlessly and without giving up.
Read Phil 3:12-14
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
You will be transformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ. No more pains and aches. Is there a better way to articulate victory?
Read Phil 3:20-21
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.
Let go and let God!
Read Phil 4:6-7
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Pursue true treasure in your life.
Read Phil 4:8-9
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
1. Evolution does not provide objective inferences to extrapolation
So-called evolutionary biologists are unable to objectively answer the simple question, "What are we (or any animal etc.) evolving into?". Typical responses heard are, "We don't know" or "That's hard to determine" or making reference to "mutations". So-called evolutionary-based sciences are based on hindsight. They assume that living beings got to this point because they evolved; there does not exist a scientific representation (such as a formula, equation or even explanation) to determine what the living being is evolving into after this point. Take for example, Newtonian physics where formula can be used to determine the new velocity of an object after a specified time given its initial velocity and applied acceleration. No such formula exists in evolution. Evolution is unscientific.
2. Evolution contradicts principles of Information Theory
It is a simple fact of Information Theory that random noise only increases the entropy of a system thereby reducing the quality of the signal itself. Yet evolution is based on the fact that random mutation reorders genes so that information results from it. For example, a gazillion 3-year old kids given a laptop cannot produce a scientific white paper no matter how many years they are given to go at the keyboard.
3. So-called Evolutionary Sciences Misapply the Consequences of Genetic Mutations
Genetic mutations are spelling errors that occur in the genetic sequence of living beings. Mutations are largely deleterious in nature and result in loss of information, not creation of new information. For example, a simple sentence "Jack in the box" that conveys meaning that Jack is in the box, could be mutated as "JBck in the box" which makes it meaningless. Imagine a mutation in a DNA genetic sequence responsible for creating a specific protein, and the DNA gene being mutated (altered) so that the recipe is no longer valid. Mutation therefore always results in loss of information and not its gain. In spite of this evident fact, mutations are touted as the primary mechanism through which evolution takes place.
So to summarize:
- AMBIENCE of the miracle (1-2)
- ANTICIPATION of the people (3-4)
- APPEARANCE of the Healer (5-7)
- AWESOMENESS of the miracle (8-9)
- ATTENTION of the Jews (10)
- ANSWER of the man to to the Jews (11)
- AVARICE of the Jews (12)
- ADMONISHMENT of the man by Jesus (13-15)
- ANGER of the Jews (16)
- ACTIONS of the Father and Son (17)
- ANNOYANCE of the Jews (18)
- AMAZEMENT of the believer (20)
- ABSOLUTE dependence of the Son on the Father(19)
- ABSOLVING of the sinner (24-25)
- AUTHORITY of the Father given to the Son (26-27)
- AMBIENCE of the miracle (1-2)
- ASCENSION of the dead by the Father and the Son (21)
- ADJUDICATION by the Son (22)
- ASSOCIATION between honor for the Father and the Son (23)
- AUGUR by the Son (28-30)
- ACID-TEST for Jesus's witness (31)
- ACCURACY of the 1st witness - John the baptist (32-35)
- AUTHENTICITY of the 2nd witness - Jesus's works (36)
- ANTI-CHRIST'S character defined (40-43)
- ACME of the 3rd witness - the Father Himself (37-38)
- ATTESTATION of the 4th witness - Scripture (39)
- AUTHOR of true honor (44)
- AMBUSH of the Law (45)
- ASSOCIATION of a believer's faith with the 5th witness -Moses (46-47)
This outline has been made to offer a creative way of breaking down Chapter 5 in John's gospel. It is not meant to supplant or in any way arrogate meaning from the original biblical text. The creative genius of the Holy Spirit in inspiring the authors of the Bible is the only creativity that converts the sinner and saves the lost. Any misrepresentations in the above outline are solely my errors and I request forgiveness in advance for these unintentional gaffes.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
1. That they may become living souls (Gen 1:7)
2. That like Abel they will offer the best and undefiled firstfruits to the Lord (Gen 4:4)
3. That like Adam begat a son in his own likeness (Seth), our children will be in the likeness of Jesus Christ (Gen 5:3)
4. That like Enosh they will call on the name of the Lord (Gen 4:26)
5. That like Enoch they will walk with God (Gen 5:22)
6. That like Noah's family, God will see our children righteous before Him in their generation (Gen 7:1)
7. That like Noah they will do all the Lord commands them. (Gen 7:5)
8. That as God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, He will do the same for our children too. (Gen 9:1)
9. That God will make of them a great nation, and He will bless them, and make their names great; and they shall be a blessing: And He will bless those that bless them, and curse him that curses them: and in our children shall all families of the earth be blessed. (Gen 12:2,3)
10. That the Lord will provide spouses for our children the same way as He provided for Abraham's son Isaac (Gen 24)
11. That like the children of Israel they too will be fruitful, increase abundantly, and multiply, and wax exceeding mighty and the land will be filled with them. (Ex 1:7)
12. That they will not curse their parents (Ex 21:17)
13. That as God provided garments for Aaron's sons He will clothe our children too with the Lord Jesus (Ex 28:40)
14. That they should walk in truth as they have received a commandment from the Father (3 John 1, 2 John 1:4)
15. That they should not sin, and if they sin they should remember that they have an advocate with the Father and Jesus Christ the righteous (1 John 2:1)
16. That they should abide in him that when He shall appear, they may have confidence and not be ashamed at His coming. (1 John 2:28)
17. That they should love not in word, neither in toungue; but in deed and in truth (1 John 3:18)
18. That they should keep themselves from idols (1 John 5:21)
19. That as obedient children, they should not fashion themselves according to the former lusts in their ignorance (1 Pe 1:14)
20. That they despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when they are rebuked of Him (Heb 12:5)
21. That "from a child they should know the holy scriptures, which are able to make them wise to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." (2 Ti 3:15)
22. That they be "children of light, and the children of the day: not of the night, nor of darkness" (1 Thes 5:5)
23. That they should "obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing to the Lord" (Col 3:20)
24. That they from now on be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, they may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: (Eph 4:15)
25. That our children, obey their parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honor your father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;That it may be well with you, and you may live long on the earth (Eph 6:1-3)
26. That they be not be children in understanding: however, in malice let them be children, but in understanding be men. (1 Cor 14:20)
27. That they may be children of promise because "They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." (Rom 9:8)
28. That they shall be called the children of the living God (Rom 9:26)
29. That "your sons and your daughters shall prophesy" (Acts 2:17)
30. That they will "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is to you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call" (Acts 2:38)
31. That they shall be taught by God (John 6:45)
32. That "And you, child, shall be called the prophet of the Highest: for you shall go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; To give knowledge of salvation to his people by the remission of their sins, Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high has visited us, To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." (Lu 1:67)
Sunday, May 8, 2011
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life”
Did you know in the verse above...the Greek word used for love is agape (pron. aga-pay) which denotes unconditional love from the heart. Yes, God loves you unconditionally from His heart. Do you?